108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to release LUSE on XP12000 using command view XP

Patrick van der Ley
Respected Contributor

How to release LUSE on XP12000 using command view XP

Hello,

We are using command view XP CV2.1.
I have created a LUSE (OPEN-E*8) on an XP12000. The LUSE has not been assigned to a server/port. I would like to delete the LUSE but are unable to.

I click the "Volume Management" button and select the LUSE (first ldev). The ldev appears in the "Expanded LDEVS" box. I would expect to be able to delete the LUSE, but this option is greyed out. Do I have to perform additional actions to be able to release the LUSE.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick
11 REPLIES 11
Zinky
Honored Contributor

First double check that the LUSE is indeed not presented to any port.

I use LUSE rarely since I use OPEN-V instead. And I also use the Command Line interface instead of the GUI.. for which the command to use is:

CVCLI> delete luse topCU(s),topLDev(s)
Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Are you sure you clicked on the LUSE to select it? The button should un-grey when an LUSE is selected... (if it's indeed not presented to any host/port.)

-Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.
Patrick van der Ley
Respected Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. I will assign points later. I have attached a document that shows (as far as I know) that the LUSE has not been assigned to any host/port as well as the selection of the LUSE in volume mgmt without the delete option ungreyed.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Zinky
Honored Contributor

In that last screen, have you tried highlighting all 8 member LDEVs (top pane) of the LUSE instead and see if the DELETE button becomes ungreyed? Also try right-clicking after you've selected all 8 member LDEVS..

Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
Mike Reznak
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

you have to switch to [Volume Maanager] first.
1. Double click LDEV.CU list will appear
2. Click CU00. The list of LDEVs will appear in the right window.
3. Find 00:31 LDEV, select it, right click it and select 'Release LUSE Volume'
4. Apply

It's from CV 2.0 but it wil probably be similar.

In help page you can find CV User guide. Everything is there ;o)

Mike
...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world ;o)
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Oh - I forgot - make sure you're in Modify Mode (a common mistake) - it'll grey out all actions buttons if you are in View Mode.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Patrick van der Ley
Respected Contributor

Hello,

Once again thank you for the replies.
If I am correct the screenshot shows that 'modify mode' is active (the number of minutes remaining in session). I tried selecting the CU.LDEV 00:31. Right clicking in the left screen is not possible. It is possible to select all LDEVS in the LUSE, right click and select 'release LUSE'. However an error message appears (screenshots). The same error happens when only one of the LDEVS in the LUSE is selected and 'release LUSE' is chosen.

Kind regards,
Patrick
Zinky
Honored Contributor

What version of CommandView/XP are you running. Ours is 2.1. Have you tried raising a ticket with HP Storage Support?
Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
Patrick van der Ley
Respected Contributor

Hello,

An HP consultant had a meeting today with a colleague of mine and solved the mystery for us. There is a trick to do this. Do no unfold the CU folder in volume management, but select the LUSE directly in the right screen. Right click and select 'Release LUSE'.

Thanks,
Patrick