1752599 Members
5146 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to repair a broken Mirror (Disk)

Bob_178
Occasional Contributor

How to repair a broken Mirror (Disk)

Can anyone please give me some information on how I can repair a broken Mirror.
The mirror consists of 2 drives one of which is broken. I have an excact spare to replace the damaged drive, What I wish to know is if I replace the damaged drive with the mirror recreate itself automaticaly or do I needto run smartstart or some other compaq utility, The server was installed and configuered with Smartstart and this created the array and mirror. Any help with this problem would be much appreciated. Thank you all.
5 REPLIES 5
Tobias Hartlieb
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to repair a broken Mirror (Disk)

Hi,

it might be helpful to specify the Operating System you have (OpenVMS, Windows, HP-UX,..) and maybe some Details about the Hardware, too.

Regards.

Tobias
Bob_178
Occasional Contributor

The o/s is Windows 2000 server and the hardware is the standard dl380 rack mount server kit. The o/s and raid were setup with Compaq smartstart. Hope this helps.
Bob_178
Occasional Contributor

The o/s is Windows 2000 server and the hardware is the standard dl380 rack mount server kit. The o/s and raid were setup with Compaq smartstart. Hope this helps.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

With Smart Array controllers, all that is required is to pull the failed drive out and put the replacement in. There is nothing else which needs to be done at this point. It should automatically start the rebuild.

If you want to monitor the rebuild progress, you can run the array configuration utility and view the progress bar on the bottom right.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Bob_178
Occasional Contributor

Terry,

Many thanks for your help.
I will pull the drive later today. :)