Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report used storage for every host on an EVA8000 ?

Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

How to report used storage for every host on an EVA8000 ?

Hello,

Every time we add or delete storage on our EVA8000s, we have to manually maintain up to date, a table of storage allocated to every host; that management requires for internal billing purposes.

Needless to say, this is time consuming and boring. I am looking for a way to automate this reporting.

I have looked at the sssu.exe EVA scripting utility particularly the LS command and was wondering if it could do what I need ?

Does anybody had the same reporting need and successfully implemented such a script ?

Thanks

Chris
6 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: How to report used storage for every host on an EVA8000 ?

You are right, it's hard to manage that information and would be nice if a "open source" tool where available.

By now, you can consier this product:

http://manageengine.adventnet.com/products/opstor/monitoring-hp-eva.html
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

You should be looking at using the Storage Essentials Enterprise Edition. This has all the reports you would need.

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/e-suite/se-index.html

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Tom,

Exactly what I was looking for, all I need now is a .xml to .xls converter and I will be able to produce a "management readable" report ;-)

Chris
Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

thanks

Did you ever find a .xml to .xls converter to produce "management readable" reports?

I am trying to do the same thing, create reports...
I said, I AM WORKING ON IT!
Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

Hello Scottie,

Management decided to go with Storage Essentials, so I didn't investigate much more but I remember (almost a year ago)that googling for one had turned up many opensource and other solutions.

Chris