Disk Enclosures
1748140 Members
3406 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to set the Cache Residency size in XP storage?

zhwpeng
Occasional Advisor

How to set the Cache Residency size in XP storage?

Hello, all,

two cache partition created, (CLPR0 10G, CLPR1 6G). attempt to set the size of cache residency in CLPR1. but the drop-down list remains 0GB and you could not set it to any number other than 0GB.

Would someone throw a loght?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Nigel Poulton
Respected Contributor

The last time I used it (a while ago) the space had to be configured by your engineer when the cache was INSTALLED. If your cache has been installed and none was configured for cache residency then the only way to make some available to cache residency is to have your engineer go in, pull out some cache and then put it back in and configure it for cache residency - SERIOUSLY!

Let me give an example -

You buy an XP with 64GB cache. when the XP is delivered and setup by your engineers, as part of the configuration they have to specify that a certain amount of cache be available to cache residency. If they do not do this WHEN THE CACHE IS INSTALLED then you will not be able to use cache residency. Even if you purchase and install the license!

The only way around it is tp physically pull some cache out and put it back in and tell the subsystem to reserve some for cache residency. This all has to be done by an engineer.

The procedure may have changed as it was a while ago when I last used it. But I dont think its changed.
Talk about the XP and EVA @ http://blog.nigelpoulton.com
zhwpeng
Occasional Advisor

I have found a solution by the replying post.