7310 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp Storage works command view sdm for disk systems

Learn_1
Regular Advisor

Hp Storage works command view sdm for disk systems

Hi all,
we have rp7410 server running HP-UX11i.sorage disk2300 is installed with this system.we want to install HP Storage works command view sdm for disk systems v1.06.i want to ask after installing this software on the host running HP-UX11i and connected with the network,can we access and manage the disk system via HP Storage works command view sdm for disk systems from a client on the network running windows 2000 professional.if yes then whether we'll have to add the IP of the remote client to the access file of the sdm.one more thing will we have to install any client on the remote system for accessing and managing disk system.
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

From Windows 2000 verify configuration of 'SNMP Services'. If not loaded then load from 2000 CD.

START > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > SNMP Services > Properties > Local System Account > Allow Service to Interact with Desktop

Launch IE
Type in IP of managment station
login > administrator
passwd > administrator (* default *)

Try this first. There is more to check if this fails.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Take a look at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=3124&locale=en_US&prodSeriesId=64112&prodTypeId=12169 - it says "HP StorageWorks Command View SDM is designed to provide storage management for the HP StorageWorks Virtual Array products".
Thus you will not be able to manage/monitor DS2300 using CV SDM.
You should use HP-UX EMS (event monitoring system) to monitor DS2300. Please refer to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=3124&locale=en_US&prodSeriesId=81148&prodTypeId=12169
Eugeny
Tim D Fulford
Honored Contributor

DS2300 is a JBOD system (Just a Bunch of Disks) You cannot use SDM for this (I know there are JBOD commands in /opt/commandview//sbin)

Simply use LVM to manage these. OR use VxVM

As far as administering it from a windows box, try telnet!!!!

Tim
-