5008 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Hyperfabric stories?

Rick Tweedy
Occasional Contributor

Hyperfabric stories?

Hi,

I posted the message below about a month ago on the networking forum but no luck with responses. I thought I would try here and see if I have any better luck.

We have a t600 and a N4000 with a total of about a TB of disk spread throughout multiple arrays. Some is visable to both servers and some is configured for one or the other. This is a large Data ware house environment. We are looking to clean up some of the performance issues we have been experiencing and have had HyperFabric offered as one of many different pieces to the solution.

Although I do not have any question in particuliar I am interested to hear if anyone out there has had much experience with this technology? I have downloaded various white papers and pdfs and even some stuff from other vendors on topics such as "large fabric enterprise SANS". I have not however seen much talk here about it. I like places like this cuz its the real world and not the marketing world.

Any pointers to info, stories of challenges etc you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Of all the times in my life I have had, this has got to be one of them
1 REPLY 1
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Re: Hyperfabric stories?

I wrote a big response...and killed it. Since I felt I was endorsing one vendor/product that we are using and I didn't want to do that here.

So, if you want to email me and see if what we are doing is something that you could draw information or suggestions from, I'll be happy to.

Thanks,
rworkman@wvbep.org