5615 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IDE RAID installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
alexandros

IDE RAID installation

I have a proliant ml350g4p server with SCSI RAID card and 2X74Gb Hard disks in RAID 0 function. I need to install a pci IDE card with RAID function in order to istall more IDE hard disks for backup purposes.
I tried:
A) a product ST-305 (SIL0680 chipset) which could not start at all (the card bios)
B)Sunix 4700 pci IDE RAID (IT8212F chipset) which seemed to start correctly in the bios but stopped rigth after Hard disk detection and needed hard reset(removal from the board)

Can anybody suggest a solution
Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Go for a SATA RAID Solution.. plenty out there lately. Even HP has their own fully supported SATA RAID card.
Hakuna Matata.
alexandros

I already have 4 IDE hard disks which I need to use. So the SATA option would cost a lot more.
e4services
Honored Contributor

This is usually a PCI resource issue. Try difering PCI slots and adjusting the resources use by the card to find unused interrupts
Hot Swap Hard Drives
alexandros

I tried three different PCI slots with exactly the same result.
How can i change the resource uses?
Alzhy
Honored Contributor
Solution

Alexandros.. have you tried those cards on non-ML /generic PC hardware? If they work outside of the ML - then have you tried reaching their support folks for advice?

Otherwise you may want to try other RAID cards I have tried in the past that seem to work on HP/COmpaq Hardware. I have had good success with the following:

Highpoint RocketRAID133
Promise FastTrak SX4000
Adaptec 2400A

I've used these for both Windows and Linux flavours...
Hakuna Matata.