4576 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Increase size of RAID-5 array/logical drives

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matt Heffernan

Increase size of RAID-5 array/logical drives

I have a DL380G3 with a 3-disk RAID-5 (3x 36.4GB). The controller is an embedded Smart Array 5i. The array is configured with one logical drive - a basic disk in Windows that has two partitions: a 20GB system partition (C: drive) and a data (D:) drive. Both partitions are pretty much tapped on space, so I need to increase the size of both.

What is the best way to go about doing this? Can I just add a few more 36.4GB disks, expand the array with ACU and then use diskpart in windows? I am somewhat lost. Is there an HP document I can refer to?

Thank you.

Matt
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Increase size of RAID-5 array/logical drives

Yes, you can add disks to that RAID and then increase the size of the logical drive. This will leave you with a 20 GB partition, a 50 GB partition and some free space.
To modify partitions you can use diskpart utility, but modifying C: would not be possible I think, as it has D: partition in front of it.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Matt

as vcespon says yes you can

just update the latest firmware for your controller

ans follow this mini-guide that I attached

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Matt Heffernan

Thank you both.

Once I have the array expanded and the logical drive extended, are there any 3rd party tools out there you would recommend for increasing the size of the c: drive?

Thank you.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

here it is

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1195184

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!