Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Installing

I receive the error message "A disk read error occurred" after initial install of Windows 2000. Using a Proliant 2500 BOOS E24. 3 9.1 gig hard drives configured PORT2 0, 1, and 2. 4 logical drives 1st 8000 m. RAID0 2nd logical drive 10000mb RAID0, 3rd logical drive 1000mb, and the 4th logical drive the rest. I boot just fine using the W2K startup disks, I partition the first drive to install, and use all 8000mb (which turns out to be 7996 or close to that). It copies the files, and then requires a rebut. After I rebut, I receive the aforementioned error.

I articles refer to a BAD Boot sector or corrupt master boot record. I have no problems installing W2K when the drives are configured using the on board symbios card.

Again my smart array firm ware is v4.16.
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Installing

4.16 firmware may have something to do with this... Try updating to the latest with this kit:

Options ROMPaq for Array Controllers