5491 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

K420 ems Event Notification

Stf
Esteemed Contributor

K420 ems Event Notification

hello,
I have a K420 with a FC60 connected by 2 FC adapters. On september I disconnect the FC60, after that I found sometimes these lines in the syslog.log:
ems [10676]: ------ ems Event Notification ------ Value: "critical (5)" for Resource: "/adapters/events/FC_adapter/8_0.8" (Threshold: >= " 3") Execute the following command to obtain event details: /opt/resmon/bin/resdata -R 699662364 -r /adapters/events/FC_adapter/8_0.8 -n 699662361 -a
It cause an alarm to my mailbox and I want to avoid it because I know this is a normal message because of the disconnection of the FC60. So what can I do?

Thx
Stf
1 REPLY 1
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: K420 ems Event Notification

As I know there should be no events from FC60 when it works. Otherwise something needs administrator's attention (note that your event's severity is critical). Please run this command you've posted in your original message to get event details.
There's utility to config monitors called 'monconfig'. But I consider it's better to resolve issue with FC60 disconnections instead. Please check if you have latest FC drivers, FC60 is at latest firmware (HP12), and FC60 is in healthy state (amdsp -a)
Eugeny