Disk Enclosures
1748019 Members
4633 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LT6000R and RS12 /FC

jonathan harper

LT6000R and RS12 /FC

I have two LT6000R's connected via an FC hub to an RS12/FC. The RS12 contains 2 fc controller cards. I have it set in duplex mode and both boxes can access all the drives. The lunn mapping are set so controller 1 port 0 controls two of the drives and controller 2 port 1 controlls the other 2. When I try to simulate one card malfunctioning by pulling one of the cables out instead of the other card taking control of the malfunctioning cards drives they simply go off line. Can someone please advise me on how to get them to failover.
6 REPLIES 6
Marco Hogeveen
Honored Contributor

Jonathan,

The RS12FC has no kind of 'link-detection' so pulling a cable will not force a failover. You will have to pull the complete controller to make something like this happen.
But still, when everything is connected correctly, pulling 1 cable shouldn't get your drives off-line.
By default controller0/port0 and controller1/port1 are active, controller0/port1 and controller1/port0 are standby. Are all 4 cables connected?
Which version of FC array assistant are you using? (you need the A.00.02 build5 for a cluster)
What's the firmware of the FC-array controller?

Marco.
jonathan harper

build 4 for fc array client, firmware version 5.46. Is the new fc array client available on the web?, I have version 4 of the netserver navigator.
jonathan harper

all 4 cables are connected, but judging by the led status on the hub cable to controller 1 port 1 and controller 2 port 0 are inactive. Are my lunn mappings correct and is it necessary to move the first switch to the right?
Marco Hogeveen
Honored Contributor

Jonathan,

Yes, you can download it from:
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/servers/software/fcautnt40cs.exe.html
According to your leds, the cabling looks fine.
The position of the switch doesn't matter on an Rs12FC (only on SCSI RS12).
Does your lun mapping looks like this?:

lun c0/p0 c0/p1 c1/p0 c1/p1
0 0 none none none
1 none none none 0
2 1 none none none
3 none none none 1

jonathan harper

lun mappings as follows

0,none,none,none
1,none,none,none
none,none,none,0
non,nond,none,1

The download you pointed me to is for NT I have windows 2k advanced server, from the hp website looks like I have the latest version A.00.02 - 4
Marco Hogeveen
Honored Contributor

You can use the NT version, but you really need build 5. I've attached the LT6000r RS12FC Windows 2000 cluster configuration guide. In there you'll find all necessary BIOS, Firmware en drivers versions, including build 05 of fc array assistant.

Have a look at it, maybe you will find some differences between your config and the supported config.

Marco.