6001 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

License for EVA4000

ziad_1
Frequent Advisor

License for EVA4000

Hello,

Please can you advise about the 1TB LTU for EVA4000, do we need to install this license in the CommandView EVA or its just a certificate to use.I didn't see any place where we can install it in CommandView EVA software?? I don't see in the license paper any serial number or a license key to install it is just a certificate to use. Thanks for your urgent reply.
ziad
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: License for EVA4000

It's a paper license, that cannot be installed anywhere. Just store it in a safe place.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

There used to be a time where you would "request" a license for the general operation of an EVA, but with the introduction of Command View 3.1 (and I assume the corrosponding VCS at the time), you no longer needed to supply a license to initialize and use an EVA. You only need to supply a license to use the CA and BC functionality.

The paper you have is probably just a certificate "to use". I currently manage 3 EVA's and they do not require any license entry to use them. If you do buy more storage though, I believe HP keeps track of the purchase and you may be required to purchase more TLU's. (Not sure though)

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Right. On VCS V1 and V2 you had to request a base license for VCS and a license for snapshots, based on the array's raw capacity. The 'HSV element manager' used to be bundled with the Storage Management Appliance (SMA).
ziad_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Guys for your quick reply
ziad