1752805 Members
5605 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Logical drive lost!

Morten Bergsjo_2
Occasional Contributor

Logical drive lost!

After a powerdown of my LH3000 server, the system disk logical drive is just disappeared! The system disk used to consist of two physical disks in mirror. Is there any way to restore the logical disk or is everything lost?
2 REPLIES 2
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Morten,

not sure here if you mean the disk at the operating system level is lost or if you already lost the logical drive(s) (that make up the boot disk) at the hardware level in the Netraid array configuration, can you clarify ?

If your LH3000 server boots, do you get any error message or do you properly see (via CTRL M Express Tools) the array and logical drives in the array ?

If the H/W part is ok, what error message do you get when it tries to boot from the disk ? You could try to boot from a floppy and look at the disk partitions and their size to see if their is still something available in the partition table.

Kris

Morten Bergsjo_2
Occasional Contributor

Kris, FYI it looked like the logical disk configuration had simply been removed. I have spent the last few days reconfiguring my raid disks and reinstalling the server.