1752599 Members
5243 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

M5314 problems

Marco Gariboldi
Frequent Advisor

M5314 problems

Recently I tried to hook up a single M5314, via (2 Gbit) FC-AL to an SGI Tezro (MIPS IRIX) system with a QLA2340 (dual-port). This used to work fine with a DS2400.

The system doesn't appear to 'detect' it; I also, of course, issued a SCSI bus reset and probe command (it'd prompt 'no FCP disks found').

I was afraid the transceivers were faulty, or that they didn't work. That doesn't appear to be the case, because the link LEDs light up (both on the disk enclosure I/O controllers and on the QLA2340. Also, when I remove one of the cables, the enclosure will bleep (detecting that it lost the 'link').

The only manuals I found and have in my possession at the following ones in PDF format:
- c01129765
- c01129769-1

Any help will be much appreciated!
6 REPLIES 6
Marco Gariboldi
Frequent Advisor

Re: M5314 problems

Does anyone perhaps have an idea? Just so you know, I'm a non-commercial user. Also, if it helps, it's usually part of EVA setups (I think 4000 up to 8000).

Again, any help will be much appreciated.
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I think the words "not supported" jump to mind. The M5314 series shelf is/was designed to work with EVA's. If you plug it into "something else" and it works fine, then great. If it doesn't then see above!
You could keep experimenting to see if you can get it to work or somebody may be able to give you other advice or you could contact HP and wait for the line above!!
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Marco Gariboldi
Frequent Advisor

That's terrible news then. I'll have to hunt for a HSV110 then. (That will work, right?)
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi
As long as you get a pair of ctrls, all the correct cabling and the licences and put it all together OK. There are a few different specifications of shelf as well so watch out for that!
If you search through the forum then you should be able to find all the info you require as well as HP's freely available manuals.
Mark...
Marco Gariboldi
Frequent Advisor

Licenses? Okay, never mind then. I think I might better get rid of it then.

The seller listed it that it'd work as JBOD, he also said it in the last correspondence.
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Well, I'm not saying you won't get it to work but it will just be trail and error until it does, or does not!?
Good luck.
Mark...