108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: M5314X FC Drive Enclosures

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bakame
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your suggestion.Forgive my ignorance but I am not sure how I would go about creating a new topic with links etc..

Whilst searching for the post that I originally had tried to reply to and was unable to - thank you for explaining why : that that thread had been closed -  I came across another thread that I had read with interest long before I had actually been able to join the HP community only a day ago. Would it be wrong to reply to that thread too ? (the option to reply is still active) - it seems to be the same as it involves using the M314FC enclosure in a standalone environment.  My enclosure is a 70-40351-002 or 302022. Try as I may I can only find them referred to as M5314 FC enclosure. It doesnn't articulate A , B or C...  The thread I read was a M 5314B.

Bakame
Occasional Advisor

I discovered that I have been using the wrong cable. The plugs are the same ie SC to LC or LC to LC but where orange is  non-detecting cream works fine. If someone can explain what the color code is it would be very much appreciated.

Now that all my hardware is happening I can possibly learn about SAN's and Fabrics and Brocade switches..