Disk Enclosures
1752774 Members
4967 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MDS-600 will not power on

MSG_HTX

MDS-600 will not power on

I have a MDS-600 direct attached to a P812 controller on a DL-380P G8 running CentOS.  After a power cut the MDS-600 will not power on and flashes the blue LED's in the front and rear on both drawers of disks.  I have unplugged it and reseated all fans and power supplies, as well as the IO modules.  From the documentation I have read, the blue lights indicate it is in "discovery mode" or thinks a firmware upgrade is taking place.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: MDS 600 will not power on

Have you looked here?

HP StorageWorks 600 Modular Disk System User Guide

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3936271&docId=emr_na-c01724528

When the MDS600 does not power up  (page 28)

Blue is locate mode.  Or an enclosure firmware update is in progress.  Did you already find this?

allaneng

Were you able to find a solution to this problem. I have run into the exact same issue with my MDS600.

allaneng

Hello everyone,

Just thought I would give an update to those who don't know how to fix the MDS600 some of the troubleshooting steps I have taken. So far I have reseated all of the power supplies, fans, and SAS modules, however this didn't do anything. This week I have ordered the pcb for the front panel, and replaced the one on the front left drawer. This also didn't not work. One thing I did notice was there were four connectors that were used for debugging.

mds600.png

I called technical support hoping to order some type of interface for this, but there response was "The warranty is expired, you will need to buy a new MDS600". If anyone has some type of debugging interface that will give me more information on why this enclosure is not powering on that connects to the front panel pcb I will buy it! For now I have ordered two more SAS modules to see if this fixes the problem.

Thanks

AllanENG

allaneng

I have also replaced the two sas modules with no luck.