1752590 Members
2865 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MODEL 20 PROBLEM

SHANKU
Occasional Contributor

MODEL 20 PROBLEM

I'm facing some problem with a HP model-20 (Nike) RAID Box. The box has 2 SPs and 2 LUNs are configured, one LUN assigned to each SP.
The problem I'm facing is, while working, suddenly the Raid Box gave microcode panic and both the LUNs are not accessible now. Instead of showing "Enabled" status, it shows "ready" status on both the LUNs in the Presentation Menu.
Also, if I select individual disks in the pesentation menu, it shows the status as "Bound. But Not Assigned".It shows no problem with the Raid LUNs configured. It seems like the Raid5 has gone off-line. Is there any way to bring it back to "Enabled" state without losing the data ( I have 90GB of data).
I have tried putting one SP controller at a time with auto-tresspass and Unit auto-assign enabled. But still same problem.

Regards,
SHANKU
HP
2 REPLIES 2
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Re: MODEL 20 PROBLEM

Hello,

Try to enter Gridmanager from the other SP. If you see both as ENA, then the other SP is faulty. In any case, call your HP representative for help on this issue.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
K.Vijayaragavan.
Respected Contributor

Re: MODEL 20 PROBLEM

Hi,

I think the diskarray 20 has lost only the RAID5 configuration from it's memory but the data should be there.

-Vijay
"Let us fine tune our knowledge together"