1748162 Members
3666 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 1000 - MPIO / Secure Path

Keld Johannessen_1

MSA 1000 - MPIO / Secure Path

Hi,

Is it possible to use MPIO on some servers and Secure Path on other servers all connected to the same MSA 1000?

Regards,
6 REPLIES 6
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

From MSA MPIO "Instalation Instructions":
"Prerequisites
├в   Basic multipathing solutions can not co-exist with any other multipathing solution, such as Secure Path or AutoPath.
If other failover methods are currently installed in your environment, HP recommends making no change, and to
continue using that method.
If you choose to migrate to the basic failover method, you must first un-install all other multipathing software from your
servers.
├в   The MSA must be installed in a supported environment, as detailed in the MSA Compatibility Guide and QuickSpecs."

Answer for your question - NO

regards,
A
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure this is a limitation -within- a single operating system instance.
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

On the same document:
"NO coexistence of basic multipathing and Secure Path on different servers in the same SAN".
If you want to mix such solutions, you must create separate SANs.
regards,
Andrzej
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Hmmm. It looks like that document has managed to escape from me - where did you get it from?
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

This document (379632-0.PDF - HP StorageWorks Modular Smart Array 1000/1500 cs Basic Multipathing Installation Instructions) is a part of SP29009.exe driver/support pack (in \DOC folder after extracting).
regards,
Andrzej
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Ah - there it is! Somehow I must have missed that entry - thanks!