4716 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 1000 upgrading

Sakui
Frequent Advisor

MSA 1000 upgrading

Hi,

I have two rx 4640 and one 1 MSA 1000 installed with one controller. I have decided to add a second controller for redunancy purpose. I have also decide to add the second server to the MSA 1000. I am running HP_UX. How do i create an Access list for the old LUN with out messing it up. The new Server will also have it own LUN seperate from the first Server.
i don't want the either of the servers to see the two LUNs.

What should i do to make the MSA 1000 controller to replicate to the new one when i will plug.Is it automatic ?
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

just add the second controller. The second controller will get any changes in realtime. If you plugin the controller if the first controller fails, you will lost you configuration. SSP is stored in the controllers, not on the disks like the array configuration.

Which firmware do you run??

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Sakui
Frequent Advisor

DO i need to shutdown the MSA storage before plugging the second controller or i can plug it on while the storage is online with power.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

you can hot-plug the controller. If the new controller and the running controller run a different firmware relase, the new controller will ask to do a firmware cloning from the running controller. In this case you will see a message on the controller lcd.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick