1753528 Members
5106 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

MSA 1050 login not working

KsLIVER

MSA 1050 login not working

Hey all!

Can't login to MSA via Web and CLI (prompts for username and password).  Username and Password is 100% known, but no go...   I've tried all the default usernames and passwords (which weren't changed either).

Is there a special way to get to the CLI # without logging in?  I've connected with the USB / Serial link.

Thanks for any help.

System Version: VE270R001-01
OS Version: VPM270R001-01
MC Version: VXM270R001-01

K

4 REPLIES 4
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: MSA 1050 login not working

Hello,

HPE MSA Storage - How to Reset Lost Passwords on MSA 2000 Series G1 and G2 Models

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00046344en_us

HPE MSA 2040 SAN Storage - Connecting to the Controller CLI Port

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03820027

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

I don't know if this works but you might try

For you to reset the password from STORAGE P2000 G3. Access the STORAGE with USB cable using an emulator (putty).

User: restoredefaults
pass: MACADDRESS ==> first check the MACADDRESS of the controller.

Just wait 3 minutes, then you can access again with

user: manage
pass: !manage

if you have support contract HPE can reset your password.

Regards

Give a KUDO if this helps

KsLIVER1

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.  The CLI prompts for a password as well and so I can't get to the enable (#) prompt...

Had to setup another account - This site was broken last week, and apparently my email address isn't associated with my other account.  HP you are killing me this month!!

KsLIVER1

Bad part is, I don't have access to the current config so resetting it would really not work well (It's also a production unit)...

I'd still like to know why the CLI is prompting for a username / password still and not just the enable (#) prompt.