1748265 Members
4103 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA 2012 SNMP monitoring

Kocourek Ondrej
Advisor

MSA 2012 SNMP monitoring

I try to monitor an old MSA 2012fc G1 array through the SNMP protocol.
I found some articles about it with some MIBs and OID trees, but I am not able to get any more useful information from the MSA. I can ask the array for some basic information - location, name, firmware revisions etc. But I rather want to get the operational info of it - like warnings, errors, critical events etc.

The articles pointed me to these OID entries:

1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.51... with the last number of 3001 (info trap) to 3004 (critical trap)

But my box did not answer anything upon this request (snmpwalk and snmpget commands).

I searched on and on and found some experimental OID subtrees - 1.3.6.1.3.94.1.11.1 which got me some more info, but still without operational events. These events are stated at OID detailed descriptions but the snmp query returnes nothing. I suppose it should return null or any other value, but nothing?

Can I ask if anyone know exact OID number which can get these information from tha MSA box?

Thanks in advance.

Ondrej Kocourek
XANADU a.s.
Czech Rep.
1 REPLY 1
Nir1234
Occasional Visitor

Re: MSA 2012 SNMP monitoring

Hi,

As far as I know you wont be able to use snmp get for your porpase. 

The OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.51 is for snmp traps...

So basically you need to configure the MSA to send traps to a snmp trap listener and look for this oid (1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.51).

Good luck.