Disk Enclosures
1752679 Members
5870 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 2212fc Partner Firmware Upgrade problem

ChBRR

MSA 2212fc Partner Firmware Upgrade problem

We are trying to update firmware for MSA 2212fc system. First controller (B) is updated successfully, then Partner Upgrade procedure started and failed. After any kind of reset/shutdown PFU is starting again and process faulted in some minutes.

Event log has the following records:

04-01 22:06:28 269 B934 Partner Firmware Update progress: PFU MC DOWN FAIL, remote [info for engineers: P1=2; P2=2; P3=0; P4=0]

04-01 22:06:27 269 A655 Partner Firmware Update progress: PFU MC DOWN FAIL, local [info for engineers: P1=2; P2=1; P3=0; P4=0]

"Controller versions" page:

Storage Controller Code Versions
RAID Controller A RAID Controller B
Code Version J200P30 J200P30
Memory Controller F300R22 F300R22
Loader Version 15.010 15.010

Management Controller Code Versions
Code Version W420R52
Loader Version 12.013

Expander Controller Code Versions
Code Version 2042 3022

Now, Ethernet interface of the management controller A is not pinging. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor

Johnny von Heimerall
Frequent Advisor

Hi there,

Now as this is an old post im not sure if this answer is still interesting.

The first thing i would try is to reboot the system. (which you already tried)
Second thing would be a re-seat of the faulty controller (live)
Third thing would be to disable partner firmware upgrade via SMU or CLI, re-seat the faulty controller and then manually upgrade the firmware for that controller.
Fourth thing- replace controller.

Johnny
Arian van der Pijl
Regular Advisor

I had this (sort of) problem too.
The partnerfirmware upgrade continuously repeated itself because the update went wrong.

I disabled partner firmware update to maintain a 'stable' system.

End of all, a controller replacement was necessery.
Dan from Peters
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the suggestion to turn off partner update. My MSA2312i was stuck in a loop trying to get the last update applied to module B.
Luca
Frequent Advisor

We just had the same problem on our MSA2012i. We installed an additional controller and the partner-update entered a loop. I noticed that the "Management Controller Code Version" did not align (show version through CLI) while all the rest did. I suppose this was the reason for the loop - evidently this part is not updating. The newest controller has version W441R25 and our older one is W441R06. I will try a manual update but if the partner update didn't work I guess the manual will also fail to update this code and I'll end up replacing it.