6111 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA 2312sa with Blade C3000 enclosure

Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

MSA 2312sa with Blade C3000 enclosure

Hi,

We have MSA 2312sa with Blade C3000 enclosure and blade SAS switch. On 2 BL460C Servers Windows 2008R2 64-bit installed with m700 controller. We are able to see 2 LUNS created and assigned to both server. We are using Windows 2008's MPIO for multipathing and it shows 4 path to each LUN. When we are installing windows failver clustering its not able to find any shared disk. It says no disk available to cluster disk is available. We have tried different options but to no help. All latest patched of windows is installed and all firmware is also updated (its a new installation). Please advise if anyone know any fix or what may be the issue.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
JaYKaY_1
Advisor

Re: MSA 2312sa with Blade C3000 enclosure

Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

Hi,

thanks for the advise. In fact i have installed MS MPIO (it comes default in Windows 2008 R2) and i m able to see all the paths. Only problem is when i install Windows failover cluster, it says it was not able to find shared disk suitable for cluster. Then i followed command way of below articale and it started showing that disk in cluster and it failover also properly..

http://msmvps.com/blogs/jtoner/archive/2009/01/08/adding-a-disk-to-a-windows-2008-failover-cluster-using-cluster-exe-commands.aspx

My question is, is it going to be like this only in windows 2008 faiover cluster. Earlier in windows 2003 we could add disk with ease but now its adding only by manually adding by cluster command. So anyone know any reason please let me know.

Thanks.
Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

HI Jishanth,

I am not able to open the link given by you.

Regs,
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

It is internal HP problem, wait a while...

Jan
Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

Dear Experts,

I am still stuck in same. Can anyone advise how can we resolve this issue. I tried calling HP support but they only checks till the point LUNS are visible to hosts. After that why cluster service doesnt detect these disks as cluster disk they r not able to clarify. So any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton in advance..