Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA 2324fc G2 - Unable to Authenticate Login, Try again.

MadanjitB
Visitor

MSA 2324fc G2 - Unable to Authenticate Login, Try again.

Hi,

I have the above mentioned storage unit and can no longer access the SMU using all the user accounts. (admin, manage, ftp). I also don't have the serial cable that came with the unit. Can anyone assist urgently.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

6 REPLIES
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA 2324fc G2 - Unable to Authenticate Login, Try again.

Try via ssh/telnet.

hvhari
HPE Pro

I have come across this earlier and restarting the controller helped to fix it. You can telnet/ssh to the other controller (eg. controller B IP Address) and do this.

HP Guided Troubleshooting has the steps to do restart of controllers. Please refer linke below.

www.hp.com/support/hpgt

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
MadanjitB
Visitor

Spoiler

Unfortunately I cannot telnet/SSH or even connect to the CLI port at the back. Basically the only option is to pull the power. I cannot do this cause I don't know how reliable this is or whether it will even fix the issue.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Can you not ssh/telnet in to either of the two controllers?

If you do not want to shut down the MSA forcefully, the only option left I see is to acquire the serial cable.

Restarting the management controllers(mc) via the CLI might be enough to fix this problem.

jonl355
Occasional Visitor

I know this is an old post but I felt compelled to respond incase anyone else finds it. Had this problem and this is how I resolved it:

1. connect to controller with HTTPS://IPofController.

2. at the certificate warning, click "Continue...". The logon screen appears.

3. change the url to HTTP://IPofController and press enter. You can now login successfully.

Hope it helped.

Jon

Joe_Johnson
Occasional Visitor

Thanks! Saved me a lot of trouble.