Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA1000, Linux box does not find the new disk

Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

MSA1000, Linux box does not find the new disk

Hi Everybody,

There is a MSA1000 that I created an array with 4 Disks and one disk as a spare part. Then I assigned all the capacity to a LUN. After rebooting my Linux box, it did not find the new disk. I deleted the LUN and then created a 100MB and assigned all the remaining capacity to another LUN. After rebooting the box, I could see 2 new disks. I tested it again and got the same results. Whenever I created just one LUN with all the capacity Linux does not find the new disk. What is your idea?

Hasan
3 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA1000, Linux box does not find the new disk

Please do the test and post the results of cat /proc/scsi/scsi and fdisk -l. Also the result of dmesg.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

If I have a LUN with all the array capacity, fdisk -l shows nothing.However if i created more than one LUN in array, fdisk -l shows all the LUNs correctly
Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

I upgraded the firmaware and everything is correct now