108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA2000 WebInterface

KevAustin1

Nevermind. Prev reply not valid.
Robert Mattei

I don't believe one comes pre-configured. You will need to create one. I did this by connecting to the serial port with the management cable. Connect to the device with a serial emmulator (putty) and use the set user command.
McKDEVStorage
Advisor

It is very aggravating when people say to google stuff but even more aggravating when you do someone elses googling for them. And obviously the person did actually figure it out.

I wish when people posted help they would sometimes just lay out the whole scenario because these posts often help many other people down the line and giving every answer in one post helps many.

1. Default username manage pass= !manage

2. One model MSA/P2K array has a minuature rs232 D style cable, the other has a USB style cable. The USB cable requires the x32 windows driver supplied on the CDrom that comes with or you can download from the HP site too. I found it, did it. Can't believe there is not an x64 version. Then you could just connect the cable up to the nearest x64 server in a rack, oh well, bring your laptop.

3. Use hyperterminal but also remember win2008 doesn't come with the program which is insanely stupid but there are freebees you can find like the demo version of HTerm. Once the driver is installed your hyperterm will see something like COM15 and be able to use it. I think it was 96008N1 also.

Never had to read the book to setup the array although they call disk groups "VIRT DISKS" and they call virtual disks "volumes".

agahemre cinar
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
I just want to learn, How I find s/n and p/n on MSA2000 WebInterface?