1752802 Members
5056 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA2000 does not show all vdisk created

BackVector
Occasional Advisor

MSA2000 does not show all vdisk created

Hi, I am new on this I am setting a cluster using 2 Proliant DL380 G5 with a MSA2012sa dual controller and I created 4 vdisk but only 3 are shown on Windows Server 2008's disk management, I deleted and recreated that vdisk that does not show and still nothing, any Ideas?... or is this a limitation?.. this last vdisk would be using the last 2 drives on Raid 1. I will appreciate any help on this matter.. thank you
8 REPLIES 8
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

are all the mappings the same for all 4 vdisks ?

BackVector
Occasional Advisor

on the MSA2000 I created 2 vdisk with raid 1 and 2 vdisk with Raid 10, only one of the raid 1 vdisk does not show, not even during boot time the HBA card detects only 3. any thoughts?
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

sorry i meant the host to vdisk mappings.
BackVector
Occasional Advisor

I am sorry, I am not sure what you mean I have it set up to visible to all servers, the same config for the all 4 vdisk. I have not set the mapping on the server yet, because I am missing one even on the BIOS of the HBA shows only 3 .
here is an screenshot that might give you an idea of the configuration. Q2 is missing.
I would think that is a misconfiguration in windows or something if it at least show during boot time but it doesn't, is this normal?...
I appreciate your help....

There is no practical limitation as for Vdisks and Volumes to be presented to a host, if your hosts are seen by the MSA properly and you have identified them in the configuration:

Manage > General Config > Manage Host List.

Then, the next thing to check would be the Lun mapping to make sure the volumes are being presented to all the corresponding hosts and are getting the required R,W permissions:

Select Manage > Volume Management > Volume Mapping > Map Hosts To Volume.

More information can be found in the MSA2000sa User Guide.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01505786/c01505786.pdf
BackVector
Occasional Advisor

I will try that right away, I will let you know, thanks..
BackVector
Occasional Advisor

It work, thanks so much, it seems that even though I selected visible to all host during the volume creation it did not map the Lun, now I have manually created the mapping and it is now working, thanks again for pointing me to the right direction.
BackVector
Occasional Advisor

It worked