Disk Enclosures
1752795 Members
6458 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA2012se partitions synchronization

Mehdi Sadegh

MSA2012se partitions synchronization

I have one MSA2012SE with 2 controller and tow HP DL380 with HBA. I connect my servers to MSA and make one partition with web base configuration tool which both servers have access to it. I can see this partition on each server and I can read its data on both of them but when i create a new file on this partition by one of my servers the other one can not see the changes (new file), in other words the partition will not synchronize on server when changes made by the other one.

I was wondering is it possible at all to make one partition and share it between two server by MSA2000?
2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Yes, if you use an operating system and possible add-on software for properly sharing a file system.

You don't mention your operating system, but Windows' NTFS or Linux' ext2/3 *cannot* be shared between multiple servers. It is even worse: both servers expect exclusive access and this results in DATA CORRUPTION!!

Take a look at HP's PolyServe product.
Mehdi Sadegh

Thanks Uwe for your quick reply.

I have windows server 2003 on both servers and use NTFS as file system. could you please explain more about "add-on software for properly sharing a file system". Do you know such add-on for windows server 2003?