Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA2212fc volume mapping

Darren Dent
Occasional Contributor

MSA2212fc volume mapping

Hi,

I am having a slight problem with volume mapping on my MSA2212fc. The MSA2212fc and 8 hosts are all connected to my fabric and all of the hosts can see the 2212fc fine. The problem I am having is that I only want 5 of those hosts to see the volumes I have created on 2212fc as they have VMware ESX server installed and I am using the 2212fc as the storage for my VM environment. The other hosts are windows hosts and will not need access at all.

I have created a vdisk with two equal sized volumes which I have assigned lun id's 1 and 2. I have setup the manage host list so that all of the WWN numbers for each host has a nickname, what I have done is assigned the ESX hosts (and the san switch) WWNs read-write permissions to the LUNs and given all other hosts no access. However when I give all other hosts no access the LUN id in the volume map and table changes to 'none' and the lun is inaccessible from my ESX hosts. If I give all other hosts access then the lun is available again to the ESX hosts.

Have I missed something obvious or have I just configured my vdisk and volumes incorrectly??

Thanks in advance.