5364 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA2324G2 Network Problem

ftepe
Advisor

MSA2324G2 Network Problem

Hi Everybody,

I have a new MSA2324G2 fc with 2 Controllers insertet. The Firmware Version on both Controller's is up to date.

Here my problem:
After starting the MSA, I can't find it in the network. Going to the CLI, I can see 2 valid IP Adresses. If I start pinging them, I got no reply. After rebooting SC and MC, I get a ping, but only for a few seconds, then the MSA is again unreachable.

What I've done so far:
restore defaults
set advanced-parameters partnerfirmware-update disabled
booted up with only one controller
set a manual ip adress

Is it possible to update the firmware via CLI? FTP isn't possible because I loose network connection after a few seconds after rebooting...

Any ideas???

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

Re: MSA2324G2 Network Problem

Are you absolutely certain that no other device is trying to use the IP?
(Cisco equipment often seems to 'forget' about renewing leased adresses after a while... )

What's the port status on your network?
Consider setting the speed/duplex manually for one of them to see if it stays online.
ftepe
Advisor

Yes I'm sure because it is in a test lab. There's only a 24 Port Switch (which is working well) and a firewall in front of it which is also the DHCP Server...
On every reboot of the MSA, I get a new IP Adress. Setting the IP manually doesn't have any effect. I always get a new DHCP Adress which is reachable for around 15sec after reboot...
ftepe
Advisor

oh I forgot to say: Port status is ok and speed settings also, elsewhen I would not be able to ping it after reboot...
Venkadesh Kannan
Frequent Advisor

get msa to latest firmware, it has a lot of management controller fixes. connect one controller to a server/laptop straight(bypassing switch) and verify if it is working. if you still had problems, probably you need a controller replacement