1753317 Members
5060 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA30, DL380G3 - SA6400EM controller

Brian Howard_2
Occasional Contributor

MSA30, DL380G3 - SA6400EM controller

To add drives with MSA30 to an existing array on DL380G3 server running Netware 6.5 Sp3. Can CPQONLIN be used. I heard that CPQONLIN doesn't support series 6 controllers. Is this true? If not, can I add these new drives to an existing array or is a new array in order here. If CPQONLIN is not an option, can I expand an existing array with the Smart Start CD or ORCA. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.
ignorance is a dangerous thing !
2 REPLIES 2
Matt Burgess
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSA30, DL380G3 - SA6400EM controller

Hi Brian,
I can't answer your first question (CPQONLIN support) but I can answer the others.

The drives can definitely be added to an existing array. You can't do it with ORCA but you can do it with ACU-XE from the SmartStart CD.

I'm looking now to see if I can find anything on CPQONLIN for gen 6 SA controllers. I'll post again if I do.
RDHa

Re: MSA30, DL380G3 - SA6400EM controller

I just came across this. I am looking at purchasing a MSA30 for use with ML370 G3 and Netware 6.5. If you add drives to an existing array, do you still get the problem of all drives being recognized as the smallest size of any of the drives in the array? If I add a second array to the server, can I only use this space for new volumes or can I still use it to expand the size of existing volumes?