108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA30 connector port?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Greg Cotten
Advisor

MSA30 connector port?

On my MSA30, on the left side on the back is what looks like a network port. What is this port used for and how can I connect to it.
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

It's a serial port on the EMU, but it's not used or documented:

http://www.fixya.com/support/p385786-hp_modular_smart_array_30_openview/manual-3204/page-15

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It was used in older versions of the MSA30 (the M4214/M4254). You could buy a floorstand (tower-like) encasing and the port was used for a small display.
Greg Cotten
Advisor

Thanks for the quick response, I have two MSA30 disk enclosures and one has all the hard drive battery lights on. Every drive battery light is on and I can't figure out how to turn it off. Even when attached directly to a HP-UX server, all the lights are on, but the server's ioscan picks up all the drives. However when I attach the unit to the MSA1000 array controller it cannot see the drives, but the drive battery lights are still on constantly. It seems I get phantom drives that are not accessable from the array controller. I have not tried to save anything to the drives as they are connected directly to the HP-UX server via serial cables. But thanks for the quick response