108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA30 connector port?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Greg Cotten
Advisor

MSA30 connector port?

On my MSA30, on the left side on the back is what looks like a network port. What is this port used for and how can I connect to it.
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: MSA30 connector port?

It's a serial port on the EMU, but it's not used or documented:

http://www.fixya.com/support/p385786-hp_modular_smart_array_30_openview/manual-3204/page-15

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It was used in older versions of the MSA30 (the M4214/M4254). You could buy a floorstand (tower-like) encasing and the port was used for a small display.
Greg Cotten
Advisor

Thanks for the quick response, I have two MSA30 disk enclosures and one has all the hard drive battery lights on. Every drive battery light is on and I can't figure out how to turn it off. Even when attached directly to a HP-UX server, all the lights are on, but the server's ioscan picks up all the drives. However when I attach the unit to the MSA1000 array controller it cannot see the drives, but the drive battery lights are still on constantly. It seems I get phantom drives that are not accessable from the array controller. I have not tried to save anything to the drives as they are connected directly to the HP-UX server via serial cables. But thanks for the quick response