Disk Enclosures
1752777 Members
5898 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA30DB requirements

IToogood

MSA30DB requirements

Hi, I am looking for information on the MSA30DB, and what it's requirements are for connectivity.

We are currently using a HPxw9300 workstation, but would like to expand storage. The MSA30DB looks an ideal solution for this, but I'm unsure as to how it would connect to the workstation, and what SCSI card requirements it will need to use both buses.

I know there is no built in RAID controller, so I'm looking at an LSI megaraid card for to control the drives

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Ian
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA30DB requirements

The MSA30 DB has two(2) SCSI busses (each providing space for 7 disk drives). Attached via two VHDCI connectors using LVD signaling.
IToogood

Thanks Uwe,

An additional question: If I wanted to attach 2 MSA30's to one workstation - is this possible using 2 RAID controllers?

Apologies for being such a newbie on all this, but we are developing a software package that has increasing storage requirements (needs to be ultra high performance, RAID 5) and I'm trying to find the best hardware package to compliment. We are very limited to server choice as we need 2 x PCI-e slots on mainboard.

Regards,

Ian
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

That sounds reasonable, if you connect one MSA30 DB to one RAID controller, but I don't know if the LSI one works with the MSA30.