108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA500 401 Storage box #1 fan failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
asbo3000
Occasional Contributor

MSA500 401 Storage box #1 fan failed

Hi, got a problem with our storage array, when powering up i notice the red error triangle at the front and the following pops up on display

"401 storage box #1 fan failed"

Then array instantly powers off. Ive read somewhere this may be related to EMU? Otherwise how do i trace this?

Tia for help.

5 REPLIES 5
Puneet Arora
Occasional Advisor

This message appears if one of the fan fails.
Need to check the LED at the back of the MSA. If the blower LED is off, it means either the power supply or the blower has failed.
Need to get it replaced.
asbo3000
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help, well we have 2 power supplies in the back, and yes neither LED are on, nor do the fans spin up, although im not sure when they should. Im just finding it hard to believe both psu fans have failed?!
Puneet Arora
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Are you powering up both the supplies, if yes, and no light is coming up, then its sure sounds like a strange coincidence.
Is this the first time you are setting up this MSA, or was it working earlier?
If it was working, then how did it got switched off, i mean due to some power outage or something.
asbo3000
Occasional Contributor

Investigating further apparently the 1st psu has been faulty for some time, maybe both fans HAVE now failed, im not epxerienced enough on this kit to be aware the fans are perhaps a bit of weakness.
Gonna order 2 new fans and see if that fixes it.

Muzam Malik

Hi, we have MSA100 and i am seeing the issue ├в 401 Storage box # 1 fan failed├в
I had look the lights and the fan at the back of the box, the green light is on and the fans also working, any suggestion i should look or try.