4727 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA500 G2 & RedHat EL 4

VMistry
Advisor

MSA500 G2 & RedHat EL 4

Hi,

We have RedHat Linux 2.6.9-89.0.20.ELsmp on HP DL360 G4 Server and connected to HP MSA500 G2 Array with Smart Array 642 HBA. We installed the HP Driver for Smart Array 642 HBA. The server is not detecting the Logical Drive which we configured in MSA500 G2.

The MSA500 G2 is connected to 4 Servers 3 Windows 2003 & 1 RedHat Linux 4 server. Do i need to install any special drivers or utility to make this work ?

Controller Smart Array 642 in Slot 2
Bus Interface: PCI
Slot: 2
Serial Number: P9226AJ9SU31C2
RAID 6 (ADG) Status: Disabled
Controller Status: OK
Chassis Slot: 1
Hardware Revision: Rev B
Firmware Version: 2.84
Rebuild Priority: Low
Expand Priority: Low
Surface Scan Delay: 0 sec
Cache Board Present: True
Cache Status: Cache Not Configured
Accelerator Ratio: 100/0 (read/write)
Total Cache Size: 64 MB
Battery Pack Count: 0

Best Regards
Vipul
16 REPLIES 16
cnb
Honored Contributor
VMistry
Advisor

Hi,

Please find the attached Diagnostics report

Best Regards
Vipul
Eemans Dany
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I am not sure, but i thought that an msa500G2 could only support 4 server on SCSI. A smart array 642 is a scsi raid adapter.

So i my info is correct and you have connected 4 win 2003 and 1 linux server to the msa500, you might have connected 1 server to many.

Dany
VMistry
Advisor

Hi Dany,

MSA500 G2 is connected to 4 Servers

3 Windows 2003
1 RedHat Linux 4 server.

Best Regards
Vipul
Eemans Dany
Honored Contributor

Hi,

My mistake, Can you check in ACU (Array configuration utility) if there is something like SSP (selective storage presentation), normaly this is only used with FC connections. I is possible that your linux server is not cleared on the MSA to view any disks (luns).

PS. ACU is a windows component, it should be installed on one of the windows servers.

Dany
VMistry
Advisor

Hi

The ACU is installed on all servers in Linux the ACU Command Line tool is installed. The SSP is enabled and the Linux server is having access to Logical Drive.

Best Rgards
Vipul
cnb
Honored Contributor

@Dany:
>"PS. ACU is a windows component, it should be installed on one of the windows servers."

Um, NO. HP's Array Configuration Utility is supported on several other OS platforms besides Windows.

Might want to read up on ACU.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/software-management/acumatrix/index.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

;-)

Rgds,
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hi,

For starters, take a look at 1:6 and 1:10 in ADU. Verify their status.

Also ADU didn't capture the SSP ACL info! You need to post that info and verify that only the Linux system is authenticated to access that drive.

Rgds,

VMistry
Advisor

Hi,

SSP rights given to Linux Server for Logical Drive.

Best Regards
Vipul