1753510 Members
5142 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Missing WWN in Secure Manager

RedBack
Frequent Advisor

Missing WWN in Secure Manager

I have just configure my VA7400 using Secure Manager. Now when I go back in to configure a new LUN and I click on Add Table Entries, there a no WWN listed. Why could this be. Do I need to add the WWN every time I want to use this tool?
2 REPLIES 2
Peter Kain
Advisor

Re: Missing WWN in Secure Manager

Let me just restate what your doing so I'm 100% clear.

You are using the HP Command view sdm, Lun Management tab, Secure Manager tab. You clicked Add Table Entry and added some NWWN entries.

After you made your changes and selected "write table" to make the changes take affect you logged out of the GUI. When you log back into the GUI and go back to adding table entries your previous NWWN entries are gone. Yes this is what will happen which is why I now use the armsecure command to update the table.

I also find the armtopology command very usefull.

One final item, HP strongly suggested I update my firmware from 14 to 16 for the VA7400

Hope this helps.
RedBack
Frequent Advisor

Re: Missing WWN in Secure Manager

Yes, you have detailed it correctly. I am not familiar with armtopology command. I would assume that I have to run this on the host that I'm connecting to with the web browser? Does this not defeat the purpose of using a web browser in the first place?