108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Model 12H AutoRAID disk array

SOLVED
Go to solution
Martin Benz
Occasional Contributor

Model 12H AutoRAID disk array

I have inherited a Model 12H AutoRAID with controller firmware Rev. HP32. Can I upgrade directly to Rev. 62 or must the intermediate Rev's be applied in order? The unit is connected to a K410 server running HP-UX 10.20 with patch PHCO_22100 installed. The array is empty so data loss is not an issue and the unit is not under maintenance so I cannot have HP do the upgrade.
3 REPLIES 3
Mark van Silfhout
Trusted Contributor

Re: Model 12H AutoRAID disk array

This is from the service note:
It is recommended that all service notes preceding this one be performed prior to implementation of this service note. There is one exception. Since you will be installing HP62 firmware at the completion of this note, do not install any prior versions of firmware referenced in other service notes. Please take all other actions in all prior service notes, then follow this service note completely.
Please follow this link http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/hpsurestor19162_swen.html to download the firmware & instructions to install the firmware.

You've written there's no data on the 12H, please be aware you need lun0 to perform the firmware upgrade and be able to see the 12H at all!

Good luck,

Mark
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, I've done it before.
The only real problems I've run into with autoraid firmware testing/upgrading is under certain circumstances, namely firmware downgrading, the controllers reboot with error.
The only way to repair is to format the array or pull out the 2 controllers and remove the batteries. The batteries are kkeping maps of later f/w that is not compatible with the downgraded version... clearing the maps and formatting the array syncs the maps between controller f/w and disk copy.

Seeing as you have no data yet, you should have no problem.

Good luck,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Martin Benz
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot for your help. I will give it a try at the earliest opportunity