4603 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Model -20 disk array

Sanjay Shinde
Occasional Advisor

Model -20 disk array

Simple question -
Is model-20 SCSI disk array default does stripping ? Or will I have to manually stripping like I does for FC73 disk array ? I have not much read about Model-20, Please help me.

This disk array is connected to HP N class server, with HP-UX 11.0

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

Unix Sys. Admin.
7 REPLIES 7
John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Model -20 disk array

Hi

I believe if this is the old nike model 20 disk array you will have to attach a screen and and use gridmgr to stripe the disks

John.
PIYUSH D. PATEL
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You will have to manually configure the Model 20 disk array with the grid manager utility. Connect the console cable of the Model 20 to the console and then configure the array according to your requirements.

Piyush
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

The Model20 Admin Guide manual that comes with it has good details on how to setup 12H via gridmgr or physical console connection. You would have to setup 2 gridmgr accounts one for each channel or if you choose to use physical console connection you will have to inter-change the connetion when you bind your disk. By default it does not come with any RAID configuration defined. Depending on what RAID config you want, you have to bind the disk/disks. Remember to configure a hot spare on one of the disk when you bind your array.
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

pardon me .. "setup Nike".. not.."setup 12H".
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Sure you can. Select the SP to which the disks will be bound by accessing the array through the appropriate RS-232 port. Then access Gridmanager, type ^ and RETURN so that Gridmanager menu appears.

Choose the "Bind Logical Units" option. Press any key to continue.

Choose one of the binding options (Raid0 in your case) and press RETURN. You can choose from 3 to 16 disks.

The first available unbound (UNB) disk will appear. Press RETURN to sleect disk for binding. Use arrow keys or space bar to select next disk and press RETURN, continue like this until you highlight all the disks you need.

Type "b" at the Enter Choice prompt and press RETURN. This produces the Bind Options menu. PRess RETURN in response to the questions and you're done.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor