1753691 Members
5378 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Modular Smart Array 70/P800 Controller

StevenJSmith
Advisor

Modular Smart Array 70/P800 Controller

I've just installed an MSA70 attached to a DL360 using a P800 Controller.

The fault LED on the front of the MSA is on steady amber as is the system fault LED on the back. I thought it would be a simple procedure of looking at the Troubleshooting section of the user guide but no, that concentrates on boxes that won't start and failed HDDs, not even mentioning the fault LED and what it might indicate.

Any ideas. The box has been up for only a couple of hours. Any batteries that need to charge up?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
John Vestrum

Re: Modular Smart Array 70/P800 Controller

Same issue here, new MSA70 with dual domain on a P800 controller. The fault light is on and I can't figure out why. The ACU, ADU, Insight Manager, and system management homepage all show everything is OK. There's nothing in the Integrated Management Log either. The array works fine, all logical drives are finished initializing. All drives, power supples, temperatures, fans, and IO modules are OK/green.
John Vestrum

Re: Modular Smart Array 70/P800 Controller

Update:

I shutdown the server and MSA70, powered it off, removed the power cables, then plugged it back in and powered up. The light went away. Perhaps when I was cabling it up it registered a fault, and needed a reboot to clear it. *shrug*