4026 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mount disarray

Henry Chua
Super Advisor

Mount disarray

Hi all,

I am running solaris 5.5.1. I will like to mount 3 disk array to the system. How should I go about doing it? Thank you for your kind advises.

Best regards
Henry
6 REPLIES 6
Dave Unverhau_1
Honored Contributor

Henry,

What kind of disk array are you mounting to your system, and what kind of system are you trying to connect it to?

If you can provide more specific information (model #'s, connection type, o/s version) we'll see if we can help.

Best Regards,

Dave
Romans 8:28
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Is this a NAS of SAN?
Is this the STORAGEarray from SUN?

Henry Chua
Super Advisor

Hi all,

I am trying to create a RAID 5 system with 3 virtual volumes spanning over 19 harddisks (excluding the root volume). Attached is my system info. Hope that it will help..

Thank you all for your effort
Henry Chua
Super Advisor

sorry forgotten the file!
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

You best option is to use DiskSuite (by Sun) or one of the Veritas Volume Manager/File Manager products.

By default, Solaris 2.5 does not come with these products - they are cost products. If you have a Sun STORAGEarray then you will have at least the Veritas product to work with. If you have none of the above then Solaris uses a hard partition scheme to manage disks. You can setup multiple filesystems using all disks but they will not be mirrorred or striped (no RAID).

Assuming Veritas, the following URL link has all kinds of info concerning the use of the Veritas product(s) on Solaris.

http://www.cuddletech.com/veritas/index.shtml
Henry Chua
Super Advisor

Thank you Rick for your advise. It is possible for Solstice Disksuite 4.0 to perform the same job? I have tried using it.. but keep running into problem, like slice overlap, even after I have partitioned them using the format option..

How should I go about doing it?

Thank you for your kind advise.