Disk Enclosures
1752307 Members
5171 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Move existing RAID 3 to a fresh SBS Server 2003 system (same hardware) Proliant ML110 server

kurma

Move existing RAID 3 to a fresh SBS Server 2003 system (same hardware) Proliant ML110 server

Hello, I've searched on the board for what it should be a quiet common isseu, but haven't find any solution...

I have a ML110 with SBS 2003 installed on a dedicated HD. Data is on 2 separate disks (RAID 3).

The boot HD literally burnt, so I had to put a new HD and have a fresh installation, with the same SBS 2003 and same hardware (except for the boot HD, of course). I hadn't a backup, the server is intended mostly to host data on a safe(r) place. I disconnected RAID 3 before starting the deployment of SBS.

I suppose that once the deployment is finished, I can just reconnect at once the 2 HD with the RAID 3 array, and everything should work.... Is it right??

I have little experience with SBS and HP servers. I don't have a full backup of data on the RAID, and have no way to make it once the system where it was installed is gone (?).

I would like to know exactly the process to import again the RAID array to the fresh Server 2003 installed system.

Thank you in advance.