3681 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Move license business copy

pablo_garcia
Frequent Advisor

Move license business copy

Hi,
I have 2 EVA4000. One EVA has one Business Copy license. Is there any way to move the license from one EVA to other EVA?
I am going to buy one Continuos Access license. The EVA with BC license is in production and the other will be the replica. I wish that the destination EVA could do snanclones/shots for backup process.
Thanks you
4 REPLIES 4
jpmartin
Regular Advisor

Hi Pablo,

you must have one CA license per EVA to do replication between the 2 EVAs, and another BC license on the destination EVA to create snapshots/snapclones/mirrorclones.

Jean-Pierre
jpmartin
Regular Advisor

Sorry,

i forgot your first question.

The BC (or CA) licenses are based on the WWNN of the EVA, and it is not possible to move these type of license on others EVA.

pablo_garcia
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Jean,
Other question: Can I change the WWNN of the EVA? If I could change the WWNN (by OCP), I could set the WWNN to my new EVA, and the WWNN of the new EVA set to my old EVA. Then I would change the BC license to my new EVA.
Other solution will be move (physically) the old EVA to Disaster Recovery Site... In this Site I need to make a SnapShot/Snapclone.
Thanks.
Pablo Garc├Г┬нa
pablo_garcia
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
I├В┬┤ve read in "Implementing HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array Solutions" book that "Once a WWN is assigned to a controller, it cannot be changed..."
Then I will have to move physically the EVA, with BC license, to disaster recovery site.

Any other idea?

Thank you.