4332 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Moving D2600 from one server to another

IT_guy001
Occasional Collector

Moving D2600 from one server to another

Hello everyone,

We recently tried to move our D2700 DAS StorageWorks from a ProLiant DL380 G5 to a ProLiant DL380p G8 without much success. Instead of having one raid disk, we had all of the disks inside the DAS seperatly. It seems that it didn't saw the raid configuration and showed me all the disks.

On both servers we have ACU installed only the G5 server can't start the ACU (Array Configuration Utility) application so we don't even know what kind of raid has been installed on it.

As the new IT guy in this company I have been given the job to move the DAS, but without any documentation on the current situation and ACU not working on the G5 server I'm having a hard time. I'm afraid that when I remove and reinstall ACU that it will also remove the raid configuration.

Can I reinstall ACU without losing the raid config and am I doing the migration right?

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Moving D2600 from one server to another

Hi, check what raid controller you have in the new too. Method is right. You can also boot the old server and look in POST which controller it has or boot on the smartstart CD. If you see the disks as raw disks, can the controller be configured into a raid mode and then support smart array arrays? I take.it the new.server's controller support D2600?
IT_guy001
Occasional Collector

Thank you Johan for your reply!

It seems that I miss a license key which is probably needed to auto configure the raid I guess.

I have two cards.

- P420i

- P421

Because I have a Gen 8 ProLiant server I can simply update the firmware to get the needed functionality if the article below is valid.

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPSAAP-EVAL

What do you think?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

That's nice!

Yeah of course always upgrade firmware :))