1753865 Members
7306 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NetRaid - Problems after Firmware update

Ian Thirkeld

NetRaid - Problems after Firmware update

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has seen this or can solve this little problem I have.

I have a HP Netserver LH Pro with a HP Netraid 3 channel raid adapter. I have configured this with one channel (2) of the adapter with two disks running raid 1 and I have configured another channel (1) with six disks (Raid 5 + a hot spare).

The system has Windows NT (sp6a) configured.

I have upgraded the Netraid firmware from A.03.00 to A.04.03, without problem but when I rebooted the server it complained "Missing operating system".

The OS is on the Mirrored Array and can be accessed via a bootable floppy.

I created a NT boot disk with the files from this Array and was able to boot successfully.

I have tried to perform a Repair with a current ERD but to no avail.

I hope someone can help

Regards

IanT.
Dont let the b*****ds grind ya down!
4 REPLIES 4
Ian Thirkeld

Re: NetRaid - Problems after Firmware update

As an addendum to my previous post, I have flashed down to the original version of the firmware I have for the server (A.03.00) and the server can boot!

Is this a NetRaid BIOS issue with A.04.03 and a Netserver LH Pro server or is there something else I need to do on the server in addition to upgrading the NetRaid BIOS.

TIA

IanT.
Elliot Nesterman
Occasional Advisor

I'm having exactly the same problem after flashing with the 04.03 firmware. Unfortunately, I got the Netraid card from a VAR who had it lying around, and so don't have the original disks. And a search on HP hasn't turned up a copy of the 03.00 firmware for download. Anyone at HP like to make a copy available? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
The closer you are to the code, the happier you are. - Ancient Geek Proverb
Ian Thirkeld

As long as it does not violate some sort of
licencing, let me know your email address and I will send my copy of A.03.00 firmware

IanT
Elliot Nesterman
Occasional Advisor

Thanks so much, Ian.
send it off to elliotn@mbooth.com
Can you send me the entire self-extracting, floppy-writing file, rather than just the megaraid.img? In case there's also a problem with the mflash.exe in the new firmware release.
Thanks again,
Elliot
The closer you are to the code, the happier you are. - Ancient Geek Proverb