Disk Enclosures
1745832 Members
4215 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Netraid 3si failed...

Sean Baker_3

Netraid 3si failed...

I had a 3si fail with an attached NetServer RS 12. This is connected to a windows nt lxr8000. My manager moved the servers and didn't move the ups and during this time the building took a power strike. I need to know how do I re-read the configuration from the drives back to the new 3si card. Or if it is even possible.
2 REPLIES 2
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: Netraid 3si failed...

Sean,

You SHOULD be able to pull the configuration off of the hard drives depending on how you went down. The entire system needs to be powered off, replace the 3si and cable your storage the same way as the original card was. Power up external storage and give it time to ensure full spinup. Then power up the server, you should have NVRAM/DISK mismatch View your disk config which should have your original config. Save it and boot..

You might want to verify hdds in objects, physical drives also to make sure everyone shows capacity as powerissues can cause disks to not spin up or show capacity.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Netraid 3si failed...

I can verify that. You should see the "...mismatch..." error. Once you enter the screem for set up, you have the option to read the disk configuration. then save it. Everything should be well if the drives have not moved around and the cabling is the same as it was.
Hot Swap Hard Drives