1752633 Members
5733 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netserver Storage 12 with ultra 3 card

Richard Lehr
Occasional Contributor

Netserver Storage 12 with ultra 3 card

I'm configuring an hp8500 server. I've got 2-18gig drives mirrored as c: I've put a Storage 12 with 6- 36gig HDs on an Ultra 3 host adapter. The utility with this card is not allowing me to configure the array. I can go in through NT and access the array, but I can't configure my hotswap drive. I've tried the netserver navigator but on the pci slot where the ultra 3 card is, all I get in the hardware inventory is FW FIRMWARE.
5 REPLIES 5
Eric de Lange_2
Respected Contributor

So, is it the NetRaid Ultra-3 SCSI model or is a straight SCSI-3 adapter ? What model ?

To be more specific, are you trying to use the RS12 as an array with RAID-? configuration or are you trying to use the disks in the RS-12 as JBOD ?

Cheers,

-Cal
Richard Lehr
Occasional Contributor

The model we're using is the Ultra3 SCSI host bus adapter. I'm trying to set it up as raid 5 but it's coming up in NT as JBOD. I get no config options that allow me to choose a raid level or config my drives. Only the control+a option that allows me to format or verify disks.
RAMY NAGUIB
Frequent Advisor

SCSI Adapers are diffrent form Raid controller .
You can not configure a H/W raid array without using a Raid controller.try Buying NetRaid 1-M
OR 2-M or 4M according to the number of channels you need.
Best Of Luck
sandeep_3
Occasional Advisor

Hi Richard
i believe u r bypassing the option u r getting at the time of booting.
As such net raid controller card give option while initialising " ctrl+m" to enter into config utility.
in that first u need to do clear current config and then do new configs.
however in case of scsi adapter as u told u r getting options of verify and format, i believe it is ur internal hdd(18 gb) that r connected on internal adapter.

best of luck

sandeep

never never never give up
sandeep_3
Occasional Advisor

Hi richard
if r not getting any option other than "ctrl+a'..i believe ur netraid controller card is not getting detected.u can try by changing the slots or by changing the netraid controller card.
sandeep
never never never give up