Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EVA Disks and Enclosure I/O have newer firmware than the installed components

amhutap
Frequent Advisor

New EVA Disks and Enclosure I/O have newer firmware than the installed components

Greetings,

EVA 4000, running on XCS 5100. Adding some new components to it, and though the new disk enclosure firmware matches the existing one, firmwares are updated for both the new disks and the new I/O modules. Am not in a position to perform a snap upgrade on everything at this point, what should I be careful of before allowing these disk to join the existing disk group?

thanks
2 REPLIES
pswma2
Frequent Advisor

Re: New EVA Disks and Enclosure I/O have newer firmware than the installed components

It is critical to have the correct firmware in the EMUs on the shelfs. The firmware of disks may be different. If you did not yet grouped new disks until now, you can rather fast upgrade them one by one to the newest available firmware release. Try to get downtime for maintenance later.
amhutap
Frequent Advisor

Re: New EVA Disks and Enclosure I/O have newer firmware than the installed components

The EMUs have the same firmware, I know that is critical. It is the Disks and the I/O modules' firmwares which differ, does that matter?