108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New RP7410 7100 disk array

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeff Hagstrom
Regular Advisor

New RP7410 7100 disk array

We just got a new box(RP7410), it has 15 18 gig drives and 2 18 gig internal drives. It is running 11.11. VG00 is configured on 1 of the internal drives, however we can not see any of the other drives. Is there a special way to configure them so that the system will see them. The ioscan -f only shows 1 18 gig drive.
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Is the disk array a VA7100 disk array? If so, then you will have to set the array up and create LUNs on the array of whatever size you need.

If it is not a VA7100 disk array, more information is required (like the specific disk subsystem typ) before I can give a suitable answer.
Jeff Hagstrom
Regular Advisor

It is a 7100 array. How do you setup the arrays? And what are the LUNs?
Marcel Boogert_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi there,

Check your SCSI controllers first. Are they all visible?

$ ioscan -fC ext_bus

Next, do an ioscan -fH and check the output.

MB.
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

In addition to everything else, you should have gotten some software called Command View. This will need to be installed on the rp7410.

In addition, you should have gotten some documentation with the VA7100. I suggest you read it. It should explain how the array works, how to set up LUNs and all that fun stuff.

If you don't have the VA7100 docs, here is a link to them:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=33737

The "setup, install, configure" section is a good place to start.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

It sounds like you have some sort of array for the external drives. It would be nice to identify the array. Unless you are using JBOD's (Just a Bunch Of Disks), you must configure LUN's on the array. The LUN's (which might be comprised of many physical disks) are what the host computer "see's" rather than the individual physical disks.
Without knowing the specific hardware, it's not possible to walk you through the LUN creation (e.g. if may be from the array front panel).
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

With command view you set up LUNs or arbitrary size. There are no LUNs until you create them as this is a virtual array. I suggest that you read the product description on the web page.http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/products/disk_arrays/midrange/va7100/index.html
Mom 6