108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nike Model 10: How to find Disk ID string

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Landin
Valued Contributor

Nike Model 10: How to find Disk ID string

I have a failed disk module on a Nike Model 10. Unfortunately, the Part Number label on the disk enclosure is incorrect, and I can't figure out if I have an IBM or Seagate disk. I'm talking to the Model 10 via the direct-connect RS-232 port on one of the Storage Processors. What's the command I can use to get the array to tell me the disk ID's of all the disk modules? (I used to know the keystrokes to get into the secret maintenance mode for service technicians and I could get the required info that way, but it's been a while and I've forgotten what it is..)
4 REPLIES 4
Jon Mattatall
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

I can only speak for Model 20 and 30's, but it should be the same -

From the Grid Manager Main Menu,

Remove it with

(u+s+e+r)

A caution - I have been told that the "Backend Exerciser" option that appears in Field Engineer mode can really mess up the array. DO NOT SELECT THIS OPTION.

Jon
A little knowledge is dangerous - none is absolutely terrifying!!!
Jon Mattatall
Esteemed Contributor

And won't "ioscan -fnkC disk" from the command line ID your disk for you?

A little knowledge is dangerous - none is absolutely terrifying!!!
Mark Landin
Valued Contributor

The same string works on the Model 10. Thanks!

I don't think IOSCAN is going to help because the array does not present the disks individually ... only at the LUN level.
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

The Backend Exerciser is not supported. You should NOT use that. It has known issues and therefore is not safe to use.

When you discover your harddisk brand, you should replace the disk online, and, if it was in a redundancy RAID (1/0 or 5), it should begin rebuilding automatically. The disk should be in REB state from the PResentation menu on Gridmanager.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!